Monday, January 24, 2011

"Kinda late" via Ariel

Before I begin, i have to attest to how much fun i am having. (yes this is in past tense.. I'm a little late). i am sooo incredibly glad that I got included on this trip. I am surrounded by great people, with great hearts, and a lot to say. So with that, I'm really enjoying myself here. A lot has happened between now and the last time that i had blogged, and a lot of thought provoking discussion has ensued as direct and indirect result of these events

The most importnat of which, is that I'm getting the opportunity to teac a class on Friday. This is not just any class; it's an AP Language and Compostition class. I can either interpret my feeling as extreme excitement or sheer terror. At the immediate moment it is the latter. I'll have to return to talk about how Friday had gone..........

now for the present

Now that I'm back at school, I can take the time to reflect.
My lesson that I taught was kind of surreal. I'm glad that it is over however. The kids picked up on how very nervous I was. That honestly bummed me out, but I got a second chance to teach! i walked into the room to return my book and she was preparing to teach her next class with the things that i had prepared. Knowing that at least my ability to prepare lessons was useful was encouraging.

1 comment:

  1. Aeriel, your persistance to become a better teacher and end your experience on a positive note is so imspiring. Here's to many more teaching moments. Megan

    ReplyDelete